Presenting at The Washington Diplomat’s Conference 2017
Chip Block, Vice President of Evolver, will serve as a panelist on Former Secretary of Homeland Security, Tom Ridge’s panel “Cybersecurity – how to mitigate your national risk”.
Block was asked to participate in the cybersecurity panel because of his acumen and thought leadership, including his international perspective.
Of the opportunity, Block said “I”m excited to have been asked to speak at The Washington Diplomat’s conference. The issue of cybersecurity as it applies to the entire globe is a pressing issue and each country has cyber risks specific to their situation.”
Below is sampling of the papers and articles he has authored on the subject of cyber, insurance, international information security, and more.
Business and Technical
- The Cyber Brief is No Longer the Boring Part of the Board Meeting
- The Solution To Medical Device Security Could Save Lives
- Houston…I mean Washington, we have a big problem (IoT Policy Paper)
The Washington Diplomat’s Country Promotion Strategies Conference 2017
The premier one day event brings together the Washington diplomatic corps, top U.S. policymakers, senior corporate executives and major law, lobbying and public relations firms to discuss strategies for foreign governments to deepen their political and economic relations with the United States. The conference will enable attendees to gain new skills to promote their countries in the United States.
This conference has an impressive and reputable speaker list including:
- Former secretary of Homeland Security, Tom Ridge
- Former Senator Tom Daschle
- Mayor of Houston, Texas, Hon. Sylvester Turner
- CNN White House Correspondent, Michelle Kosinski
- Author and journalist, John Shaw
- Chairman and CEO of LEVICK, Richard S. Levick, Esq.
- CEO and Founder of CRAFT Media/Digital, Brian Donahue
- Press and Public Affairs Officer at the Italian Embassy in Washington, Andreas Sandre
- Cultural & Communication Affairs, Embassy of Ecuador, Carla Portalanza
Sessions include: Navigating the New U.S. Congress, Lobbying and Public Relations, Attracting Hollywood Investment, Understanding Foreign News Coverage, and Trade, Investment, and the New Administration.
Every year, the popular conference brings together dozens of experts to discuss how to forge ties with the White House and Capitol Hill, as well as effective lobbying, communications and PR strategies, free-trade agreements, cyber security and latest trends in digital diplomacy.
This all-day conference is the first of its kind to offer practical insider advice for foreign governments on how to navigate D.C., along with scholarly analysis of the American political landscape.
Participants attending include ambassadors, high-ranking diplomats, members of Congress, the administration and other key U.S. policymakers, political consultants, public relations specialists, lobbyists, and experts in social media, economic development, trade and tourism promotion. Past conferences have attracted diplomatic representatives from more than 60 embassies, including nearly two-dozen ambassadors.