Evolver VP and Chief Solutions Architect Chip Block will speak this week at the virtual FAIRCON on the topic of Emergency Management Planning and Preparedness. The virtual event is scheduled for 2:30 PM Eastern Time on Wednesday, October 20.
Chip Block, Vice President of Evolver will present: The Chief Security Officer: Why Industry Has Converged Physical and Cyber Security and Why Government Should Take Notice.
The session is a Ted Talk style discussion that will take audience members through the merging of cyber and physical security into converged security, a holistic approach to risk management.
Chip is part of the Mission Protection track and will address:
- What is causing the change
- Growth of IoT devices including a hospital use case
- Cost reduction though integrated operations
- Physical – another dimension for cybersecurity: user authentication, bio credentials, geographic, cameras
- Where is converged security going?
For over 25 years, ACT IAC’s Executive Leadership Conference (ELC) gathers government and industry leaders together for interactive and collaborative discussions on how to better execute the mission of government. The conference has three tracks this year:
- Mission Transformation: Innovation of people, process and technology
- Mission Engagement: Engaging a broad set of constituencies to deliver better outcomes
- Mission Protection: Protecting the systems and infrastructure critical and balancing privacy constraints
October 30, 2017
2:00pm – 3:30pm
Read more on Evolver’s recent news about partnering with Vidsys to offer converged security to clients.