Evolver and George Mason University Partner on FAIR Cyber Risk Management Course
The Essentials of Factor Analysis of Information Risk (FAIR) course will introduce students to the FAIR cyber risk model and prepare students for the FAIR Certification exam.
FAIR is an industry standard cyber risk model for information security and operational risk. This class will show students how to use the FAIR model to deliver financially derived results tailored for enterprise cyber risk management. The FAIR cyber risk model is rapidly being adopted worldwide in all industries, especially in finance, government, healthcare, and retail. Intended for individuals and organizations that need to build a risk management program from the ground up or strengthen an existing one, this class provides a unique and fresh approach on how to do a basic quantitative risk analysis. This class covers key areas such as risk theory, risk calculation, scenario modeling, and communicating risk within the organization. Professionals can register here.
This course is designed for anyone interested in cyber risk quantification, but is specifically beneficial to:
- C-Suite level personnel (CEO, CFO, CIO, CISO)
- Project managers
- Risk analysts
- Business process owners
Students will be able to:
- Prepare for the Open Group FAIR Certification exam using the materials provided.
- Think critically about cyber risk management methods
- Define, calculate, and analyze cyber risk in a defensible way
- Leverage a probabilistic mindset when evaluating risk
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the FAIR framework
- Translate cyber risk analysis into meaningful business decisions
Registration is currently open for course offerings in November and February. Registration will open soon for course dates in March, April, and May.
November 7-9, 2018
February 6-8, 2019
March 6-8, 2019
April 3-5, 2019
May 1-3, 2019